Smart Byte is a software application. It comes pre-installed on some modern Dell laptops/systems. Its principal aim is to prioritize the data packets so they can maximize the speed for applications such as entertainment & communication services to better stream videos, improve the web browsing experience, and perform a video chat.
Are you among those who are experiencing issues with Smart Byte? In this blog we will cover about uninstalling, disabling of the software and how to stop it permanently installing itself. The causes it has if installed & what happens if we remove it from the system. So, let’s explore all…
Should I disable smart byte?
Well, the answer to this question depends solely on an individual & his experience with Smart Byte. There are certain guidelines that advocate that one must not uninstall the software. Some techies recommend that you can disable it for a few periods & see the results. The easiest method to remove it is through the ‘Task Manager’.
Follow the steps below to remove it from your systems.
- Press all these 3 buttons at one go – Control + Shift+ Escape button from your keyboards.
- After this, you will get the Task Manager Pop-up.
- Search for Startup Tab.
- After this, search for ‘Smart Byte utility’ & disable it.
Image source – https://windowsreport.com/smartbyte-services/
This will remove Smart Byte from your systems.
Other methods to remove it from your Dell machines are as-
- Go to Control Panel & uninstall the application from there. The same can be done from the command prompt.
- Search for a third party software or you can search for an Uninstaller software to remove this from your systems.
- To uninstall it from your Windows 10 just right-click on the START menu, search for “Apps &Features”. Search for Smart Byte through scrolling & uninstall it after you get it.
- In case of having over one this app installed, perform the same process and get rid of it.
Must read article: Solving your stuck Windows problem
What Is a Smart byte Drivers and Services?
Have you acknowledged that sometimes suddenly your Dell laptop has undergone a slow performance? Yes? Well, This may be a reason for this slow performance. This software usually runs in the background. So, do you really need this software which is slowing down the performance of your machine? Well, keep reading to know more…
Smart byte driver & its services are a software application tool which automatically detects available internet connection for different streaming activities. So, while you are streaming a video, it will provide all the available Internet connection for the streams. This utility app is by default enabled on some systems. These are combinedly used with an Intel plus Realtek wireless chip.
The Dell laptops with windows 10 are sometimes encountered issues with this software. But here in this blog, we have covered some methods to fix it.
How do I turn off Dell Smart byte?
So, here you can ‘turn off’ this from your Dell computer. But, understand that this software will be still existing on your Dell systems. Follow these steps to turn off Dell smart byte.
- Press on the “Windows Logo” Key with the Q button from your keyboard to open search prompt.
- Enter the keyword ‘Smart Byte’ in the search prompt.
- In the search view, click on the Smart Byte app.
- Now you will find a slider in front of the Smart Byte application, move it to right & turn it off from the user interface.
Networking issues like these are sometimes complex. It’s difficult to isolate as it varies to different factors & parameters.
Does Smart byte slow the internet?
Well, yes, if you are manually trying to adjust Smart Byte & its speed limits, it might cause the slowdown of the internet. This conducts speed test when it loads for the very first time. It saves all the values in terms of your max usable bandwidth speeds in order to determine when to restrict certain applications & services which are not under latency-sensitive categories.
Also, If connectivity issues are there while performing Speed tests like a poor strength in wireless signal or say interference in wireless radio; in these cases, SmartByte records those speeds which are slower in comparison to what your connection provider can provide. In all these cases, manual adjustments in Smart Byte settings are the best option to do. But it slows the internet connectivity.
What happens if you uninstall smart byte?
Individuals have reported their issues & what they experienced after they uninstalled the Smart Byte app from their machines are here listed. May be any of the following may solve your problem too. Read along to know it all.
- Resolve fatal issues & malfunctions in the system.
- Improve buffered time while streaming videos, or web browsing sessions and enjoy smooth video chats.
- Some have also fixed issues with FileZilla – the FTP client. This user was able to perform all operations such as reading, modification, creation of files on a server but could not upload any files on the server.
- Few other resolved issues like online speed tests on services like Ookla. The download test worked OK, but the user upload test was sticking to Zero – Ookla was giving firewall issues. But after uninstalling it. All worked fine.
- Another user had internet speed issues where he needed a fast internet, but he could only receive 100 Mbps instead of 400 Mbps with 802.11AC Wi-Fi. He uninstalled Smart Byte from his Dell Inspiron Machine & whoa! Got 400+ Mbps speed just after the un -installations.
So, you see different users had different issues & got their issues resolved by uninstalling Smart Byte.
But, many complained that it gets installed back again by itself. So, for that here is the remedy to stop it from the self-installation process.
- Open the “Services” tab in Windows 10 Task Manager.
- Check & stop this running service “Smart Byte Network Services”.
You notice that it won’t restart again. So, fix it & get rid of the issues caused by it. So, with this, we hope you would have enjoyed the insights on Smart Byte software.
Hope the information covered in this blog post has added some help for those looking out for the solutions. Comment in the box below your experiences with this utility app & let us know if you want us to post more such blogs?