How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat
Snapchat is a constantly flourishing IM (instant messaging) and social media application. This app is highly liked and used as it allows pictures and video sharing instantly. It has earned 293 million engaged users in the world.
Snapchat enables you to click photos or make videos using stunning filters. As a result, you can post your snaps or videos in the stories section. Also, you can share your images or clips in chats with your friends.
Many Snapchat users do not like to share their snaps with everyone on their friend list. Thus, the private story option exists for such users. Are you one such Snapchatter who wants to create Private Snapchat Stories? For that, follow this how-to guide to learn how to make a Private story on Snapchat.
Method to Create a Private Snapchat Story
- Firstly, unlock the Snapchat app.
- Press on the profile icon given on the left side at the top.
- You will see the Stories option. Click on the +New Story feature.
- Next, choose your story type: New Private Story or New Custom Story.
- Hit on the New Private Story option.
- Choose your friends who can watch your Snapchat story.
- Now, click on the Create Story option.
- Next, rename your story.
- Finally, create and share your Private Snapchat story.
Steps to Create a Custom Story on Snapchat
- At first, proceed to the Snapchat app.
- Next, hit on the profile symbol given at the top (left side).
- Click on the settings icon on the right side at the top.
- Go to the Who Can option.
- Click on the View My Story option.
- You will see three options: Everyone, Friends Only, and Custom.
- Hit on the custom option.
- Select those friends to block them from viewing your story.
- Finally, press the Block option.
Advantages of Snapchat Stories
Snapchat stories are favourable in several ways. Some of the benefits of Snapchat stories are:
You get the option to share things or activities that happened during the day. For that, click an image or record a video and share it in the Snapchat story feature.
2. Quickest Way to Connect
Snapchat stories allow you to reconnect with your buddies spontaneously. There is no need to visit a collection containing numerous pictures or videos.
3. Easily Post Personal Stories
Another advantage of Snapchat stories is that you can share Private and Custom stories too. You can choose those people with whom you want to share a Snapchat story.
These are the main advantages of stories on the Snapchat app.
Also read: Longest Snapchat Streak
Types of Snapchat Stories
Now, learn about different types of Snapchat stories:
1. My Story
You can use the My Story feature on Snapchat to click and share several snaps for a day. Such images get erased automatically after 24 hours.
2. Our Story
Snapchat released the Our Story option to play on the My story feature. Here, you and your friends can share videos, doodle art, and pictures when attending an event at a similar location.
3. Private Story
The private story feature of Snapchat allows you to share photos and videos with selected friends. So, examine the below section to learn how to make a Private story on Snapchat.
Note: You can change your public Snapchat account into a private account using the privacy settings option. Still, your shared stories will be visible to all your contacts. That is why the private story option is helpful.
4. Custom Story
Snapchat’s custom story option facilitates customizing a story for some chosen friends. Such friends can add snaps or clips to such Snapchat stories. Moreover, they can view other members as well.
We hope you have understood the concept of Snapchat stories. Let’s move to the next section that explains how to make a Private story on Snapchat.
5. Geo-Fence Story
Snapchat allows you to create and post geo stories. It means the location is visible along with your snaps. So, your friends can view your territory. Also, friends present within your range can add to your Snapchat story if you permit them to do so.
The method for how to make a Private story on Snapchat is easy. Use this option to share your snaps or videos with selected people. Remember that all kinds of Snapchat stories exist for 24 hours. Therefore, press the save button when creating a Private Story on Snapchat. In this way, you will not miss your pictures.
- 1 How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat
- 1.1 Method to Create a Private Snapchat Story
- 1.2 Steps to Create a Custom Story on Snapchat
- 1.3 Advantages of Snapchat Stories
- 1.4 Types of Snapchat Stories
- 1.5 Bottom Line