How to logout from the Facebook messenger is the question of many Facebook users who lookout for the right solution.
On the FB help page, Facebook points out that there is no way to sign out of the Messenger app, however, there is one trick that doesn’t require unofficial apps or that you need to a hacker to do it. We will answer a common question, how can I see what devices are logged into my Facebook Messenger? Read below.
If you go as per instructions in this tutorial, Facebook will recognize that you are not using your Messenger account and will close the session. In case you want to use Messenger again, you will have to log into the application.
So you can log out of Facebook Messenger.
Does messenger work if logged out of Facebook?
This trick will make your session close as is. Once you have logged out it won’t work if you want to start it again, you will have to enter your credentials. We mean nothing from another world. This is what you have to do and you can repeat it as many times as you want.
- In the Facebook app, press the FB menu with three lines
- From there, click on settings and privacy
- Now go to Settings
- From there go to the Security section, there click Security and login
- Then, in the new options, there is a section Where you have logged in;
- Select the cell phone or tablet, you want to log out of.
- That’s it!
As we mentioned above, if you want to log in again, you can do it as usual, just like when you downloaded the FB messenger app for the first time. You shouldn’t have any problems.
How to remove my messenger account from other devices?
The first thing you have to do is:
- Open the Facebook application.
- In the options at the top, press the icon with the three horizontal lines (1) to show the options menu.
- Once in this menu.
- Click on the Settings and privacy option (2) to display its options.
- When the Settings and advertising options open, you have to click on the Settings option, which is the first of all. You will go to the menu in which to configure the Facebook application.
- Once you are in the Settings menu of the Facebook application, you have to go down until you reach the Security section. In it, click on the Security and login option that appears first to enter the options where you can protect your account.
- Once inside the Security and login menu, look at the first option, where you have logged in. The mobiles from which you use Facebook will appear, and here you must click on the name of the mobile from which you want to close the Messenger session. You will be able to identify that the one you are going to close is the Messenger session because the application specifies below the mobile.
- When you click on it, you will be shown detailed data about the login from the mobile, such as how long you did it, from where, and the name of the mobile. Here go to the options under Not you? , and click on the Exit option. Remember that the chosen session has to be that of the Messenger.
When you do, Facebook will interpret that someone other than you has entered your Messenger account with your mobile, and will close the session. You will see how in the notifications it will notify you that the Messenger session has been closed, and if you want to use it again you will have to start the session again.
How To Logout From The Facebook Messenger
How do I uninstall messenger?
- To uninstall Facebook messenger you need to go to the application setting.
- Browse all apps.
- From there you have to look for FB messenger
- Then tap on it and go to app information
- From there, press uninstall, confirm ok.
I can’t log out of Facebook Messenger | How To Logout From The Facebook Messenger
Since you are aware that Facebook has provided messenger to its user in the same Facebook account. Therefore, it is absolutely fine app that provides competition to all messaging apps. The problem with this is that no logout option you find within the app. That is a bit annoying for some users.
So if you’ve tried logging out and couldn’t, don’t worry because you’re not the only one. Since the Facebook Messenger application does not have this option. Surely, you are wondering, then how do I do if I want to disconnect? Luckily, there is an easy way that logging out of this application will not be a problem.
Although you probably think it’s a bit tedious, it really isn’t. For once you have gotten used to doing this method you will no longer have any problem. So we will be discovering the secrets that Facebook does not want us to know.
Steps to log out of Facebook Messenger
In this way you are able to shut your session from the messenger. Whenever you need, you can do the same process again and again. One thing you have to take care that you have to feed the data when you want to enjoy the messenger app. Although it is a quick process and it will not take you to work to do it.
The first step is to log into your Facebook account
- Click on the drop-down menu (three horizontal lines) that is located on the right side corner
- Then go to Settings
- Several options immediately appear.
- Go to the Security section
- Click on Security and Login
- Within this section, you must go to where it says WHERE YOU HAVE LOGGED IN
- Automatically, the devices from which you have logged into Facebook appear there. You must click on the name of the device that tells you to log in from Messenger.
- Identifying it will be very easy because the Messenger name appears under the device.
- As soon as you identify it, click on the three dots that appear next to the device name
- Finally, a message appears with several options. Click Exit
- In this way, you can log out of Facebook Messenger.
How To Logout From The Facebook Messenger
- 1 Does messenger work if logged out of Facebook?
- 2 How to remove my messenger account from other devices?
- 3 How do I uninstall messenger?
- 4 I can’t log out of Facebook Messenger | How To Logout From The Facebook Messenger
- 5 Steps to log out of Facebook Messenger
- 6 The first step is to log into your Facebook account