In this section, simple steps to fix could not communicate with Chromecast device error text are given. Nowadays, people like Smart TVs for streaming online media content. Still, many of us are using conventional television sets that do not include modern features.
But we cannot afford to lose our HD box as it contains options like big screens and HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) access. But this is not sufficient when compared to Smart TVs.
A Smart TV encompasses various integral apps like Disney Plus, Netflix, etc. So, if you wish to run your regular TV like a Smart TV, use Google Chromecast.
Further, we have outlined the steps for settling annoying issues such as a factory reset on Chromecast, can’t connect my Chromecast to WiFi, and Google Home error message during setup.
Features of Google Chromecast
Play Online Video Content
A Google Chromecast is a device that enables you to play online content from your phone or tablet on your television.
It includes an HDMI unit that converts any television into a smart gadget. The HDMI unit facilitates TVs to connect with smartphones.
No Monthly Fees
There are no monthly subscription charges associated with the Google Chromecast.
Steps to Fix: Could Not Communicate with Chromecast Device Error
You have to restore the WiFi connection on your Chromecast device to resolve the problem of could not communicate with the Chromecast device.
- At first, ensure the Chromecast is linked and switched on properly in the HDMI unit of the TV.
- Next, search for a tiny button adjacent to Chromecast.
- Now, push and grip that button for 25 seconds.
- Then, you have to wait for the light to blink. Reset will take place when the LED light goes white.
- At last, you need to start your Chromecast device again.
It permits your Chromecast to connect with WiFi instead of having no link with the network.
Method to Fix: Can’t Connect My Chromecast to WiFi Issue
Follow the below steps to repair can’t connect my Chromecast to WiFi issue:
- At first, restart your WiFi router and Chromecast device.
For Wi-Fi Router:
Switch off and disconnect the power button for 60 seconds before connecting it.
Note: If you cannot initiate the Nighthawk WiFi router, then use the below two steps:
Firstly, deactivate Access Control.
Secondly, open Guest Network Setup and activate Allow Guests and Open My Local Network option.
Remove the power line from your Chromecast gadget.
Again plug in the power line in the Chromecast.
- Next, enable and disable WiFi on your phone to start your Chromecast.
- Set up Chromecast on 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi if you are a dual-band router user.
- Finally, carry out the factory reset option.
12 Ways to Fix Issue of: Could Not Communicate with Your Google Home During Setup?
Reboot Google Home Speakers & Router
You need to disconnect and connect Google Home and routers at least for 20seconds.
Confirm Software Requirement
Use Android 5.0 Lollipop or above when establishing Google Home through your Android phone.
Likewise, use Android 6.0 Marshmallow or above with Android tablets.
Use iOS 11 when using iPhone and iPad.
Utilize Real Accessories
Always utilize the power cable and adapter supplied with the Google Home speakers.
Stay in Reach of WiFi
If you could not communicate with your Google Home during setup, ensure the WiFi is accessible at your place when setting up your Google Home.
Use Google Home App Latest Version
A smart speaker like Google Home needs rebooting of Google Home App. So, ensure the app is up-to-date.
De-install Google Home App
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Home App to resolve the problem of could not communicate with your Google Home during setup?
Switch On Bluetooth
Turn on the Bluetooth on your Android phone or iPhone to re-establish Google Home.
Activate Airplane Mode
You can activate Airplane mode to fix Google Home errors. After turning on the Airplane mode, turn on WiFi. It will deactivate the Airplane mode. Then, launch Google Home App to initiate Google Home speakers.
Forget Your WiFi Network
Open Google Home App -> Speakers ->Settings ->Device Settings ->Forget Wi-Fi.
Verify the Linked Google Account
Make sure to use the Google account that you used to set up Google Home App.
Confirm the Number of Devices Allowed on Modem
Try disconnecting the additional devices from your modem if you could not communicate with your Google Home during setup.
Configure Google Home Speaker
You can reset the Google Home speaker by pushing and holding the small button below it for 15 seconds.
Thus, use any of these 12 methods to mend your Google Home issues.
Is There a Reset Button on Chromecast?
Yes, you can find the black reset button bordering the Chromecast.
2 Ways to Factory Reset the Chromecast Device
Follow any of 2 methods to factory reset Chromecast device:
Using the Chromecast Voice Remote
- Choose your profile highlighted at the top of the television on the right side.
- Next, move to Settings.
- Then, choose System -> About -> Factory Reset.
Using the Chromecast Device
- Confirm the connection of the Chromecast device to the TV.
- Next, push and grip the Chromecast side button for few seconds. Yellow LED light will begin to flash.
- Now, wait for the LED light to change to pure white.
- Finally, set free the button to allow the Chromecast to reset.
The above ways will probably sort out your could not communicate with Chromecast device and Google Home issues. As a result, you will be able to watch your favourite movies, TV dramas, live channels, music, sports, kid’s channels, and much more with a Google Chromecast.
- 1 Features of Google Chromecast
- 2 Steps to Fix: Could Not Communicate with Chromecast Device Error
- 3 Method to Fix: Can’t Connect My Chromecast to WiFi Issue
- 4 12 Ways to Fix Issue of: Could Not Communicate with Your Google Home During Setup?
- 4.1 Reboot Google Home Speakers & Router
- 4.2 Confirm Software Requirement
- 4.3 Utilize Real Accessories
- 4.4 Stay in Reach of WiFi
- 4.5 Use Google Home App Latest Version
- 4.6 De-install Google Home App
- 4.7 Switch On Bluetooth
- 4.8 Activate Airplane Mode
- 4.9 Forget Your WiFi Network
- 4.10 Verify the Linked Google Account
- 4.11 Confirm the Number of Devices Allowed on Modem
- 4.12 Configure Google Home Speaker
- 5 2 Ways to Factory Reset the Chromecast Device
- 6 Wrapping Up