How to Delete Amazon Account
Amazon is the global e-commerce giant, which offers so many benefits that anyone who uses it can barely think of stepping away. However, sometimes e-commerce can become an addiction or some other reason might compel you to stop. In all such cases, you will want to delete your Amazon account. Now doing this is generally a very simple process – you just need to call the customer care and follow their lead. However, for the sake of completion, we are going to mention all the steps you need to take to close your Amazon client account.
The Key Steps for Deleting Your Amazon Account
Cancel Pending Orders
The first thing you need to do before you get to closing your accounts with Amazon is canceling any pending orders. You may have some items en route or any refunds/replacements on the way. If you close the account before completing these transactions, then you will have no way of backtracking with them. There is a chance that you will be able to navigate the delivery of any items via email, However, that is easier said than done. So, if you want to get those orders, then you may want to wait a few days until you get them. The same applies to refunds and replacements as well. Alternatively, you can cancel these and proceed to close your account if you do not want to wait for the transaction completion.
Consider Alternatives to Closing Account
Before you shut down your Amazon account, you should consider the alternatives you can take instead. Amazon does offer some great conveniences and even if you have alternatives, closing an account can be a big hassle. So, you can consider the following options to get the security you are looking for:
1. Deleting Defunct Payment Methods
Some payment methods can get compromised or otherwise defunct and these will need to be addressed asap. Removing these asap will help you keep a clear view of how you can make your Amazon purchase payments. Taking the following steps will help you clear any non-functional payment methods:
- Go to your Amazon account’s My Account Tab.
- Access the Payment Methods section to your left.
- Scroll down to find the options uploaded to your account.
- Choose the ones you want removed by ticking the check boxes next to them.
- Press the confirm button to complete the process and delete select methods.
How to Delete Amazon Account
Deleting Nonfunctional Address
(a) When you have multiple addresses. It is easy to misplace an order or just assign the delivery address to the wrong person. If this is the reason why you want to close your account, then simply removing a defunct address may suffice. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Find your way to the ‘My Account’ page
- Navigate to the ‘Your Address’ section
- Remove the addresses you do not want to keep.
- Confirm the delete command by pressing Yes.
Close Account Finally
After you have cleared all your refunds and other monetary interactions, it is time to finally close the account. You can do this by going to the help option at the bottom of any page and then going to contact us. Once there, you can find the customer service details and speak to the representatives of the company. They will tell you the process for closing the account and perform the necessary functions for the same. This will usually take between 24 to 48 hours and conclude of all transactions. You will still be able to view your history and perform other basic functions with your account. So, in case you need to backtrack to a previous shipment, you can do so easily through here.
For a lot of people, Amazon can be a great means of fulfilling the small and larger needs of everyday life. However, things can get out of hand and having children run a large tab on your card can be especially difficult. So, if you want to delete the account, you should follow the steps above. This will ensure that your account is closed properly and any and all remaining transactions are completed with finality.
- 1 How to Delete Amazon Account
- 2 How to Delete Amazon Account
- 188.8.131.52 Deleting Nonfunctional Address
- 184.108.40.206 (a) When you have multiple addresses. It is easy to misplace an order or just assign the delivery address to the wrong person. If this is the reason why you want to close your account, then simply removing a defunct address may suffice. To do this, follow the steps below:
- 2.0.1 Close Account Finally
- 2.1 Conclusion